It is very essential to have the best shoes for walking on the concrete to ensure you are not tough on your feet. There are a million of shoes available in the market today that are specifically designed for walking on concrete. However, selecting the best can sometimes be so challenging since you need to look at different factors such as quality, cushioning, flexibility and great support.
Are you looking for the best shoes for walking on concrete? Well then, there are some qualities that these shoes should have. That’s why this review has made your work easier by providing the top 9 best shoes for walking on concrete, together with their advantages and disadvantages.
Besides, we have also highlighted factors that you need to consider when selecting the best shoes for walking on the concrete.
9 Best Shoes for Walking on Concrete 2020
You can also consider buying the sketchers performance slip on walking shoes for women, they never compromise performance for style. These shoes are easy slip on wear and are made of fabric and synthetic hence very light in weight. You can wear these shoes barefoot and still feel comfortable since they are made of smooth fabric lining.
Moreover, the shoes are very flexible hence they will allow your feet to move naturally. To prevent the shoes from smelling and slippage, they have integrated Ortholite anti-microbial sock liner. The best thing about these shoes is that their sole is super flexible and are made of synthetic sole and the shoes are of high quality and pocket friendly.
- The shoes are made of 100 percent textile and the sole is synthetic
- They are very light in weight
- Agion smell treated lining
- Breathable mesh and convenient heel pull loop
- Resalyte cushioning and Ortholite footbed
- The shoes can be worn barefoot since they have fabric linings
- They are very flexible
- The foot hole is too small
- The sizes of the shoe are not the same as that of the Amazon
This Marrel Encore Gust Slip on Men’s shoe will also give you a perfect balance between official and casual comfort. They are made of full grain leather and a M select grip sole to prevent the shoes from having a bad smell. The heel of the shoes measures approximately two inches. To reduce fatigue in the leg and the foot, the shoes have ortholite footbed encore sticky rubber outsole to ensure all the steps are sloppy.
The best thing about these shoes is that they have marrel air cushion in the heel for shock absorptions that will allow you to walk or stand in a hard-concrete floor. The compressed and moulded foot frame helps in comfort and stability enhancement. It has a smooth leather upper dresses down without necessarily getting sloppy. Last but not least, the shoes offer the best full grain leather uppers which is durable and stylish, and a breathable mesh lining keeping your foot dry and comfortable.
- M select fresh odor control
- The shoes have removable EVA footbed
- Full grain leather upper
- The shoes are made of Marrel air cushions
- Breathable mesh lining
- Flexible and comfortable
- Very sleek on wet floors and uncomfortable
- The sizing of these shoes is not the same as those of Amazon
Another stylish shoes for men especially those who spend most of the time walking or standing in hard concrete floors is Dunham Bryce Oxford Men’s Shoes. The shoes have a leather upper and lace up style to enhance their look.
Moreover, these shoes are very comfortable and has breathable Ortholite foam footbed to reduce bad smell and for additional comfort. Its removable footbed makes it easy to insert your own customised orthopaedic insole.
Other additional features of these shoes include; they have EVA form heel cap to provide extra padding and also acts as a shock absorber. To ensure your feet remain dry for a long time, the shoes are equipped with textile linings.
The best thing about these shoes is that you can wear them both for casual or formal settings. Last but not least, the nylon stability shank is very key for stability, comfort and for supporting the arch of your foot.
- The shoes are 100 percent leather and the EVA sole
- The shoes are very comfortable and stable
- Textile lining ensures the feet remain dry for a long period of time
- Classic lace up style
- They have the nylon stability shank
- It has removable foot bed
- Breathable ortholite foam footbed
- The insoles are of poor quality
If you spend most of your day standing or walking on hard concrete floors then you should consider buying this Dunham douglas Oxford Men’s shoes. These shoes will ensure your feet remain comfortable throughout the entire time no matter which path you take. The shoes are made of 100 percent leather making them very durable and the sole is synthetic.
The insole is removable and has EVA cup hence you can replace them with customised orthopaedic insole especially for those whose feet reacts with certain materials. Besides, the shoes are very light in weight and has very lightly padded collar. Last but not least, the bike toe oxford which also have a blind eyelet lacing and their seams are double stitched.
- The shoes are 100 percent leather
- Their soles are made of synthetic
- They are very light in weight
- The insoles are removable and have EVA cup
- Their collars are lightly padded
- The seams are double stitched
- Bike toe oxford with blind eyelet lacing
- Should be ordered a couple of sizes bigger
- No room in the toe box, the shoes runs narrow
Alegria Emma for women has clogs style that provides support and comfort required for walking or standing in concrete floors. The clogs also make the shoes easy to take off and to put on. Besides, these shoes are available in variety of colours, are very stylish and have a touch of elegance. The shoes also have leather uppers and the heel is stain resistant and is about 1.7 inches. The outsole is non slip.
Furthermore, the sole is made of polyurethane sole that helps in reducing pressure you are likely to experience while walking on the concrete floors. The soles also absorb shock and protects your feet. For extra comfort the collar is padded. The best thing about these shoes is that the leather lining is breathable.
- The outsole is non slip
- The collar is padded
- The insole is removable and is memory form
- The sole is rubber
- The shoes are very flexible and stable
- The leather linings are breathable
- The shoes are wide in width
- The shoes are slippery in some surfaces
You can also buy these KEEN Utility Men’s Atlanta Cool shoes. They have very good features that will allow you to walk or stand on concrete floors comfortable even for the whole day without getting your feet hurt or even with blisters. Some of the best features of these shoes include; they are made of 100 percent water proof leather and mesh making the shoes breathable and durable. The sole is made of rubber for stability.
Moreover, the shaft of these shoes measures approximately low top from arch. The best thing about these shoes is that you can easily remove the stains from them by just rubbing a gum eraser over the location in a circular motion. You can use water, vinegar and damp cloth to remove tough stains.
- The shoes are made of 100 percent leather and mesh
- The sole is made of rubber
- The shaft of these shoes measures approximately 7 inch low top arch
- The heel measures approximately 1.25 inches
- You can easily remove stains from these shoes
- Steel toe protection and they are of lightweight
- The laces are terrible and sizing not great for big feet
- Poor customer service
The New Balance Lace Up Shoes for Men is a series of stylish shoes in the market today. They are made of real leather and non-stick sole making them suitable for walking or standing on concrete floors for a long time.
Besides, they will definitely look great on you. The mid soles of these shoes are designed in such a way that they can support the whole body and the foam cushioning helps in enhancing comfort.
The best part about these shoes is that they are very easy to clean. They are very durable and can last for long despite the number of hours you walk or stand on concrete floors. Last but not least, the outsoles of these shoes are slip resistant and the heels are made of absorb crash pads.
- The shoes are made of 100 percent leather and the sole is made of rubber
- They are very easy to clean
- The shoes are very durable
- The outsole of the shoes is slip resistant
- The outsole is non marking
- The heel is made of absorb crash pad
- The sizing of the shoes is inconsistent
- Only available in two colours, grey and black
The second last shoes that will also enable you to walk on concrete comfortably are these Vionic Women’s Kona Shoes. These shoes feature a system known as advanced motion technology together with podiatrist design orthotic which gives them unique characteristics. The footbed is removable hence can be replaced with a customized one.
The best thing about these shoes is that they are flexible, have cushioned outsole, breathable upper, very light in weight and durable. The upper part of these shoes is made of faux and mesh leather, the midsole is flexible though firm and it is made of textile covered EVA Orthotic insert for additional stability, while the outsole is made of durable rubber.
Lastly, the laces of these shoes are very colourful thus draws attention and they have rubber tread for traction enhancement. However, they are not very comfortable. And the buckle also does not tend to stay quite latched.
- The shoes are made of leather and the outsole is made of rubber
- The shoes are very light in weight
- They are very flexible though stable
- The foot bed is removable
- They have breathable upper and are very comfortable
- They have colourful laces
- The buckle does not stay latched
Last but not least, Nurse Mates Women’s Velocity Shoes are made specifically for women and are made of soft leather upper that will allow your feet to breath. Besides, the soft footbed will hug your foot very naturally hence keeping your foot in the optimum position hence ensuring proper stability, alignment and support thus your knees won’t get tired from standing on concrete for long.
The shoes are also designed with adjustable stretch laces for customized fit. Besides, it comes with an extra pair of stretch laces. These shoes are also quite durable and will therefore last quite long.
- The soles of this shoes are EVA slip resistant
- They are made of leather upper
- The laces of these shoes are adjustable stretch
- They have special align corrective orthotic insole
- Lightweight EVA bottom
- Made of full grain leather
- The shoes are not very durable, the shoes start peeling off after sometimes
How to Choose the Best Shoes for Walking on Concrete
There are several factors that you need to look at in a shoe brand before you even think of buying it. A good shoe brand that will help you walk on concrete comfortably should have the following features:
One of the factors that you should at in shoes that you will use to walk with in concrete is its breathability. If you are going to walk, then definitely your feet will sweat, that is why breathability of the shoes are very important. The shoes you choose to buy must have mesh system that will allow free air circulations around your feet and keeps them sweat free and cool. Moreover, shoes that are breathable keeps hotspots at bay and soggy socks hence will protect your feet from blisters.
Level of Comfort
Another important factor that you need to consider before buying shoes for walking on concrete is the comfortability of the shoes. Shoes that have good support and have cushioned inner sole, which can either be removed or replaced when they are worn out. Besides, the shoes you choose to buy should have a shock absorbing outsole. The midsole and the shoe heels should be padded. Ensure the shoes that you buy can perfectly create a trade off between comfort and cost.
Last but not least, another factor that you should consider before buying shoes for walking on concrete floors is the arch support. The arch support enhances the comfort of the shoes and will ensure you can stand on hard surfaces for long. Buying shoes with low arch support will make you suffer from overpronation while buying shoes with high arches will make you suffer from under pronation. Ensure you buy shoes with solid arch support.
Walking or standing on concrete surfaces for long can be so uncomfortable and painful. You will definitely need shoes that are comfortable, can resist tear and wear, very stable and supportive. This review provides you with 9 best shoes for walking on concrete floors, that you can choose from. You can consider the options provided in this review.
These shoes are perfectly selected by looking at the top features such as memory foam insole, flexible sole, mesh system and top-quality midsole among others. You can easily choose one of the best which is more reliable to you and will serve you well.
However, we would like to recommend Vionic Kona Fitness Women’s Shoes to be the best among the best, because the shoes are light in weight, have removable foot bed, are very comfortable and have breathable upper. The shoes are made of leather and the outsole is made of rubber. Lastly, they have colourful laces.